The Islamabad Healthcare Regulatory Authority (IHRA), established under the Islamabad Healthcare Regulations Act 2018, has been mandated to regulate the quality of healthcare service delivery in Islamabad. Under Section 21 & 22 of the Act, it is mandatory for all healthcare service providers to apply for registration and licensing of their respective healthcare establishments. According to Section 14 (1) of Islamabad Healthcare Regulations Act, 2018.
“No healthcare establishment shall render any healthcare service unless it is registered with the registration board under this act subject to the terms & conditions as a registration board may determine on case-to-case basis at the time of registration and no healthcare establishment shall render any healthcare services for which it is not licensed”.
Accordingly, Healthcare establishments are required to get registered with IHRA and implement quality healthcare service standards to acquire license to render health services in the Islamabad Capital Territory.
|S. No.||Covered Area of Premises||Fee (Rs)|
|1||Up to 1000 Sq. Ft.||3,000/-|
|2||1001 – 3000 Sq. Ft.||4,000/-|
|3||More than 3000 Sq. Ft.||6,000/-|
|Specialized Centers||Fee (Rs)|
|4||Adult vaccination Center||50,000/-|
|5||COVID-19 PCR Lab||50,000/-|
|6||COVID-19 PCR Lab Collection Center||25,000/-|
Note: Fee to be deposited in Islamabad Healthcare Regulatory Authority’ current Account No. 1150420000481 in Askari Bank Limited, Kamran Center Branch, Islamabad.
- Each page of the application form mut be signed and stamped by the applicant.
- Incomplete form will not be entertained.
- Provision of the incorrect information/ document will result in rejection of Application.
- Return the complete form to Director Registration, PRCS – DMLC Building (2nd Floor) Sufi Tabasum Rod, H-8/2, Islamabad.
(For queries regarding completion of the application, please contact IHRA Ph: 051-9199914 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm w
IHRA carries a well-defined and transparent process for registration of Health-care Establishments. To apply for registration of your HCE, you may follow the following steps.
- The HCE is required to properly fill out the Application form (Application Form for registration of healthcare establishment can be either downloaded from the IHRA website, or obtained from the Registration & Licensing Directorate, IHRA office, PRCS DMLC building, Sufi Tabasum Road, Sector H-8/2, Islamabad).
- The Application form shall be submitted with deposited fee receipt, and the required documents to the IHRA’s office.
- The HCE shall then be assigned a unique code by the IHRA.
- Scrutiny shall be carried out by the Registration Directorate and subsequently, the letter for missing document or the acceptance of registration application shall be delivered to the HCE, within 14 days of the submission of application.
List of Required Documents
The applicant must submit the following documents, alongside the application form:
- Copy of CNIC of applicant.
- Declaration attached with the application form, should be signed and stamped.
- Affidavit by Healthcare service Provider on Stamp Paper of R. 50/- issued in his/ her name, if the Healthcare Service Provider is not the owner.
- Appendix A, B, and C of the Application form to be complete.
- Fee Deposited Receipt (Appendix D of the application form).